Sunday 2 May 2010

Great Programmes of my collection (number one)

This is one of the oldest Programmes in my collection and for me is one of the most special ones. Its from an era when the Imps were playing in what is now the Championship and holding there own. An era that is unlikely to be repeated any time soon. Certainly you can't see Liverpool visiting Sincil Bank for a league match any time soon


Front cover



Team line ups in formation.



league tables and managers notes




back page

Over the summer i will be posting more pictures of my favourite programmes and the reasons why the are so special to me. This one is special because to me it was when our club was at its height. OK it was a long time ago but it gives us something to aspire to and remind us that we have had good times in the past and have a history that we can be proud of. I wonder how many people in the crowd on that day in 1957 could have foreseen the drastically different paths the two clubs who go on to take. Liverpool when on to dominate both English and European football. Lincoln city didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sherwood Colliery 2-2 Buxton

September to me has always seemed to be the worse month of the year by far. I think it started back when I was at school as it signifies the...